So its been a while since I've posted anything. I'm really hoping that after these busy weeks I have some free time to get some writing done, as well as blogging!
Anyway I'll show you a project that kind of took up a bunch of my time. As a senior in the Fashion Design program at my school I decided that I wanted to have something in the annual fashion show. So for my independent study my focus is computer aided textile design. For one of my projects I thought it would be a good idea to create a print and develop it into a dress for the show.
Here are my flats -
I ended up deciding on not doing an engineered print for the top but making it similar to the bottom, but a smaller version.
And the final product.. Ta Da!
I purchased a book for inspiration when it comes to illustrator and photoshop. I'm not going to lie to you, I'm not well versed in photoshop but I'm trying my best. I really enjoy bold, computerized designs so illustrator comes in handy for that.
The inspiration for this print, was my take on the popular pattern gingham. I call it gingham on acid, haha!
I'm currently setting up a Spoonflower account and getting swatches so that I can offer my prints to the public, so be watching for those!